omNovia Web Conference is offered with a monthly subscription model as well as on a one-time event basis.
For your events, please go to http://www.omnovia.com/webcasting for a free consultation.
With the subscription based model comes the notion of (virtual) rooms. You may have 1 or multiple rooms. Each room has a given capacity. Example: 200, 500, 2000. Capacity indicates the number of participants that can enter the room simultaneously. You may hold a meeting with a group of people in the morning and another one with a different group of people in the afternoon. Seats are not for specific users but can be used by anybody.
omNovia also offers Buffer Seats that allows you to have overages. More information is available on Buffer Seats at http://support.omnovia.com/kb/45
Two levels of service are available:
- omNovia Pro: comprehensive features with the utmost level of reliability and customer service
- omNovia Enterprise: similar to omNovia Pro but with dedicated servers and higher level of technical support
For Pro pricing please contact us:
We always would like to hear from you.
Please review your PDF invoice, which contains a lot of information and may answer some of your questions.
- What are the accepted forms of payment?
We have created an informative knowledge base article on this, please read http://support.omnovia.com/kb/378.
- What are your refund policies?
To learn about our refund policies, please read http://support.omnovia.com/kb/150.
- What do I do if I have a problem with credit card payments?
Issues with credit card payments usually have an underlying reason. We have outlined possible issues in our knowledge base. Please read http://support.omnovia.com/kb/266.
- Our account just expired, can we get a temporary extension?
Yes, absolutely. We have information on how to request an extension in our knowledge base. Please read http://support.omnovia.com/kb/175.
- How do we assign another person in our organization to receive emails about invoices?
If you are a Super Admin, you can access the Manage Users section of the Admin Page. In Manage Users you can add the new person and ensure that “Billing contact” is checked. If the person already has an account, you can update his/her account with “Billing Contact”.
- Can we receive the actual invoice by e-mail?
No. E-mail notifications are sent to people assigned as “Billing Contact” in Manage Users and the emails do not contain the actual invoice. You would need to login to the Admin Page then go to View Billing / Invoices to view a detailed invoice in PDF format.
- How can I modify my room’s capacity?
If you are an omNovia Pro customer and are a Super Admin, you may access the “Modify Subscriptions” section under Rooms Management in the Admin Page and modify your room’s capacity.
- I have prepaid for a year. Why does it say my room expires in a few days?
Please read http://support.omnovia.com/kb/175.
- I just signed up and paid. Why does my room say it expires in a few days?
Please read http://support.omnovia.com/kb/175.
- How can I add buffer seats to my account?
Contact the Sales Department or your Account Manager.
- What’s the difference between StageToWeb and omNovia Pro?
With omNovia Pro you can organize and conduct high quality webinars with one or more presenters communicating to an audience through their computers. With StageToWeb, you can webcast a live event where presenters are either on a stage in front of a physical audience, or in front of a camera (not using their computers). The idea is to extend the physical audience to an online audience creating an interactive environment between the two.
Technically omNovia Pro and StageToWeb utilize the same platform and interface. For StageToWeb however, the room is set to accept large HD quality (H264) encoded video.
Please note, although you can send good quality video through omNovia Pro using a webcam, it has not been designed for live event webcasts.
- How is StageToWeb priced?
While you can have a monthly subscription of the omNovia Pro, StageToWeb is only available on a per event basis. The length of the event can be a few hours or a few days and can contain anywhere from 5 to 5000 attendees.
- Is there a free trial for StageToWeb?
No, because of the costly high bandwidth and special server settings required. However, we can provide you with a comprehensive demo (request one on the StageToWeb page HERE). Once you purchase an event, we will spend ample time with you testing all video and audio connections. You may also purchase a paid evaluation session, and if you decide to continue with a complete event, the payment would go towards the final price.
- Why is StageToWeb better than other streaming solutions?
The major differences are:
1. StageToWeb enables many interactive tools such as Full Event Registration, Chat, Q&A Manager, Interactive Web Page Integration, Polling, Closed Captioning, etc.
2. The omNovia Team provides a superior level of customer service sharing best practices and ensuring the success of your events.
3. omNovia’s unique Recast technology enables you to record and replay an event preserving its interactive features.
- Does omNovia provide on-site support, Project Management, webcast services?
omNovia can provide on-site webcast specialists as well as remote “in-room” technical and customer support. An even higher level of support is provided through the omNovia OPTiMA service, where an experienced omNovia specialist manages the entire project from start to finish. Click HERE to learn more about omNovia OPTiMA.
- Is there always a need for an omNovia specialist to be on-site?
No. Although we recommend it for the first event, the majority of omNovia webcasts happen without any omNovia specialists physically present. We will help you remotely if you wish to handle the technical side on your own or with an AV company.
- What are the requirements for StageToWeb?
Please click HERE to download a PDF on StageToWeb requirements. You simply need a hard-wired Internet connection (with 1.5 MB download AND UPLOAD speed, which is nothing extraordinary these days), and a dedicated computer for the video encoding preferably with firewire input.
- Does StageToWeb require HD cameras?
No. StageToWeb uses H264 format, which is used for HD encoding. The source can however be non-HD. In fact given that we adapt the video for online streaming, the end result of HD or non-HD would be the same unless you want to use a very high bandwidth, which although we can support, we do not recommend.
- Can StageToWeb work with any standard audio / video feed?
Yes. We will work with your technical staff or AV crew to test everything prior to the live event.
- Can you deliver StageToWeb live audio through a conference bridge phone line?
While you might be able to request your AV company provide a specific piece of equipment that can stream Live event audio to a phone line, we strongly discourage this practice. Not only is this process quite complex to set up and test, but the resulting sound quality is often very poor. Furthermore, it is important to note the audio on the phone will NEVER be in sync with the computer audio and video.
- Can StageToWeb take multiple cameras / microphones?
Yes. If you have more than one camera or microphone, they would all go to a switch board, which will then feed the computer used for StageToWeb.
- How do you show Microsoft PowerPoint presentations in StageToWeb?
There are two methods to use:
1) Preload and convert your presentations using the Slide Show module exactly the same way you would do for your webinars.
2) Stream your presentation similarly to the streaming of the on-stage video. Basically the video usually sent to the ballroom’s large side screens can be streamed.
The second method requires more setup and is logistically slightly more complex. The advantages are the slides do not need to be uploaded ahead of time (for those last minute presenters showing up with their presentations on a thumb drive!) and slides flow without a moderator having to manually advance them. This method is typically recommended for larger, multi-presenter events.
- How do you show videos and movies in StageToWeb?
There are two methods to use:
1) Preload and convert videos using the Video Player. You may also play YouTube videos through this method.
2) Stream videos and movies similarly to the streaming of the on-stage video. This is using the exact same method as the second solution to the previous question “How to show Microsoft PowerPoint presentations in StageToWeb?”
- How do you brand StageToWeb?
StageToWeb interfaces can be customized and configured in the same exact way as omNovia Pro rooms. Custom skins, functions, banners, logos, advertising, etc. can be easily set in the Room Settings section of the Admin Page.
- Can you integrate StageToWeb with other registration systems?
Yes. All omNovia APIs (learn more HERE) can be used for StageToWeb including SSO, Event Registration and Reporting.